Win an iPad and language-learning courses and workshops with our Festive Phrases competition.
Throughout the month of December, Radio Lingua is releasing daily Festive Phrase lessons in which pupils can learn to say “Merry Christmas” or “Happy New Year” in 24 languages. The daily videos feature native speakers and provide additional background information on where the language is spoken and the number of speakers of that language.
We are delighted to announce our competition in which one lucky class will win an iPad, and there are lots of Radio Lingua goodies to give away too. The competition is being organised in conjunction with XMA, an Apple Solutions Expert in Education.
How do you enter?
Our Festive Phrases series includes festive greetings from around the world in 24 languages. The following five phrases are not included in our episodes, and we’d like you to identify the languages. We’re sure that by combining what you’ve learned in the Festive Phrases series along with some web research you’ll be able to identify these languages easily!
To enter the competition, please complete our faxback form – download the pdf form here. Alternatively you can enter by email: send your entries to email@example.com. Please include a contact name, class teacher or class name, school, address, telephone number, fax number and email address. The closing date for the competition is 12:30pm on Monday 20th December. Winners will be announced on Tuesday 21st December here on our website.
What about the prizes?
- First prize: an Apple iPad (16gb wifi model), a free Radio Lingua Schools language workshop and a one year licence for a language course from the Radio Lingua catalogue.
- Second prize: a free Radio Lingua Schools language workshop and a one year licence for a language course from the Radio Lingua catalogue.
- Third prize: one year licence for a language course from the Radio Lingua catalogue.
Who can enter?
This competition is open to P4-P7 classes in primary schools in Scotland only. Entry to the competition is restricted to one entry per class or group of pupils. Multiple entries from individual schools are allowed, but must be submitted on separate entry forms. If you have any questions about the competition, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Competition is open to P4-P7 classes in primary schools in Scotland only and entry to the competition is restricted to one entry per class or group of pupils.
- Multiple entries from individual schools must be submitted on separate entry forms.
- Automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all correct and valid entries.
- Winners will be contacted by email or by telephone and winners will be posted on our website.
- The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition will run from Friday 10 December until 12:30pm on Monday 20th December.
- Radio Lingua Ltd is compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party.
- Radio Lingua Ltd reserves the right to cancel or alter or amend the competition at any stage.